We are in full swing for the fall! We have student workshops on the calendar and exciting events around the corner. Check out our highlights from October!
Serving Schools in Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio
- We delivered two all-day training events with Mentor High School and a new school partner, Vermillion High School. Read the article from their local newspaper.
- Shane delivered an invited presentation at the Ohio Association of Secondary School Administrators (OASSA) Conference to 60+ Principals.
A Grant from the Department of Justice
- In collaboration with Jennifer Panagopoulos of Xero Associates, we will adapt our in-person training of Preventing Problems by Promoting Positive Practices for School Resource Officers to an e-learning course. This training teaches SROs to build relationships, use community policing, and reduce the school-to-prison pipeline among minority students.
- We received grants with two more community-based partners.
- In collaboration with Marion-Crawford Prevention Services, we will train a Youth Advisory Council and three high schools in Marion-Crawford counties of Ohio.
- In collaboration with Impact Prevention, we will train students in 4+ middle and high schools in Ironton, OH.
More Non-profit Partners and Updates
Our Team is Expanding
- At the Fairfax County Public Schools Mental Health & Wellness Conference, Laura Beth represented Cor along with a local partner, Lauren of the Josh Anderson Foundation.
- On November 8th, we will hold an Actively Caring Summit at Streetsboro High School with 100+ students and Principals from 20+ schools surrounding Cleveland, Ohio.
- In effort to provide you with more updates, we created a Facebook page. Please give us a like and keep your eyes peeled for more updates coming soon!
- We added a staff member in Northern VA! Miriel Etheridge (an Oklahoma Sooner) works as an after-school mentor in D.C. public schools. She will help facilitate workshops in Northern Virginia Schools.
- We added more Kevin R. Lawall Fellows! Currently, we have 13 Fellows from 7 different colleges: George Mason University, Allegheny College, Tulane University, Case Western University, The Ohio State University, Lakeland Community College & Ohio University Southern.